The use of template makes the work easier by cutting operational time and cost. A Template is set of default patterns or setting which can be reused again and again. This blog is going to focus on Order Entry screen where one can use the template code while creating a sales Order.
Sage 300 ERP provides the features of template in Order Entry as well as in Purchase Order Screen. Initially the order entry screen takes the default values for template code as shown in the following Screen shot:
The default value for template code is being set in O/E Options Screen as shown in the following screen shot:
A template code can be created separately for each order type like Active/Future/Standing/ Quote.
The O/E templates screen can be accessed as: Sage Desktop>> Order Entry >> O/E Setup > >Templates.
A User can create new template code or can edit the existing template code through O/E Template Screen as shown in the following screen shot:
• Order Tab on O/E Templates Screen contains the following default information in its fields:
- Order type: Order type consists Active/Future/Standing / Quote.
- FOB point: FOB means Free On Board point.
- Location: It is Inventory location from where a customer makes shipment of an item.
- On hold: The order should be “On Hold” for this template if it the check box is ticked.
- Some other optional information like Description/Reference/ and Comments for the order can be set here.
• Customer Tab on O/E Templates Screen contains the following default information in its fields as shown in the following screen shot:
- Ship-via code: Shipping method is defined here.
- Customer type: Discount level of the customer Type like Base, A, B, C, D and E.
- Price list: For Calculating Sales price, it is used for the volume discounts for an item.
- Territory: It is identify of the region / country of the customer in account receivable.
- Tax group: if one can define the Tax group in the Template code in Multicurrency accounting environment, an order which created for a new customer who is still not added to Account Receivable, the defined default currency and the reposting currency will be set for the Tax group in the order created for the new customer.
- Terms: Payment terms are defined here.
Conclusion: Order type, FOB point, Location, On hold- check box is ticked in case of on template screen it is ticked, Description, Reference, and Comments on the Order tab of Order entry screen will be automatically added by selecting a template as shown in the Following screen shot:
Similarly Ship-via code, Customer type, Price list, Territory, Tax group, Terms on the Customer tab of Order entry screen will be automatically added by selecting a template as shown in the following screen shot: